I have never voted against a school millage in the past, but I will be voting no on this one. There are so many reasons why this bond is wrong at this time and how it is set up. They include:
- ill timed (with the economy as it is, the unemployment, the high percentage of families in the district on subsidized meals, and the extra $35,000 it will cost to have the 'stealth' one topic election in May when nothing else is on the ballot and most won't come out to vote).
- no plan for the "technology" (the presentation by the district on what they are going to do is vague at best and changes based on their audience - they have obviously not "done their homework")
- no proof their technology application will do ANYTHING positive for student's learning, test scores, etc.
- no reports from the test groups that had wireless devices this year on the success or failure of the program
- no reports from the district on the number of damaged/broken devices
- no reports about the fact that to utilize three times the number of wireless antennas in the schools if they use iPads vs. PCs resulting in three times the microwave exposure
- no safety reports or warnings from administration on the health impact of having wireless devices in the schools on students, pregnant women, men wishing to father children, people highly sensitive to pulsed microwaves, or everyone else for that matter