Click on the link above for more information in the facts about EMF and Wi-Fi, which include:
"There are many other devices that emit the same radiation as Wi-Fi. These include:
• DECT (digitally enhanced cordless telecommunications) and DECT-style baby monitors. Most of these devices emit pulsing microwave radiation from their base station (even when the phone is not being used), and are frequently placed by the bedhead or on the work desk.
• wireless home entertainment systems and game consoles (also known to emit microwaves even when switched off)
• some wireless security/alarm systems• digital wireless electric meters installed on our homes and other buildings
• wireless interactive whiteboards and paging systemsWhat are the health effects?
People may be affected in many different ways. Reported health effects from this type of radiation are one or more of the following:
Neurological: headaches, dizziness/nausea, memory and concentration difficulties, insomnia, depression/anxiety, fatigue/weakness, numbness/tingling, muscle and joint pains.
Cardiac: heart palpitations, shortness of breath, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure.
Eyes: pain/discomfort, pressure in the eyes, deteriorating vision, cataracts.
Ears: ringing in the ears, hearing loss.
Other: skin problems (including hives), digestive problems, dehydration, nosebleeds, impaired sense of smell and light sensitivity.
Research has also pointed to an increased likelihood of long-term effects – including cancer, neurological diseases, genetic effects such as male sterility, miscarriage and birth defects, as well as asthma, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction and bleeding disorders.
It is also known that microwave radiation penetrates the body of a younger person more than an adult, so the possible long-term effects on young, developing children are of particular concern."
Questions for the parents of CCS students and Clarkston School district voters before they decide on the $20 million "technology bond" on May 8, 2012:
- Is all day, all school year, school-wide Wi-Fi radiation what you want for your children?
- Do the above health concerns sound like the kinds of medical problems you are willing to risk for your child?
- Does it surprise you that Dr. Rock has not moved his family into the district to expose HIS children to this radiation pollution at school?