Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blog focus/description (part 2)


Part 2

With limited public funds to run the schools and the local governments, it is more critical than ever to make sure that those limited funds are spent appropriately to support our kids and/or the community.
 
I have done investigations on the school finances from the last three fiscal years and I have found plenty of things that I believe are inappropriate.  I have brought many of these issues to the board and the Superintendent, but I have received zero action to date.

Certain members of the board have been trying to get to the truth (Mrs. Patterson, Mrs. Boatman, and Mrs. Lieblang), but they appear to be hamstrung by the "rubber stampers" (Mr. Hyer, Mr. Bomier, Mrs. McGinnis, and Mrs. Egan) who control the board with their majority four out of seven board votes and the control of the agenda.

I intend to use this blog to highlight what is going on in our schools and local government (the good, the bad, and the ugly). 

If people knew about what was going on, maybe things would be cleaned up…  Sometimes the light of day is what is needed to make things right.
 
Please “follow me” by email to get updates from the blog as they are posted (see the link on the main page).  I will not post the “followers” names or email addresses.  I know how sensitive people (or organizations) might be about that.

The Oakland Press has been very gracious to host my blog and help me set it up.  The Clarkston News has been very helpful to me in my quest to get documents from the district and publicize what I found.  Thanks to both quality news organizations that want to do the right thing and are willing to go the extra mile to make that happen!
  
If you know of any questionable things in Clarkston Schools or other local government, please let me know and I will investigate.  

Welcome and thanks for checking in!

Dawn Schaller

No comments:

Post a Comment